NCMC Student Memorial Award
FREE conference registration for the 2017 NCMC Annual Conference in Wilmington and $125 for travel and lodging expenses.
Currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students interested in careers in museums or cultural organizations.
All application materials must be received by February 6, 2017 for consideration.
To apply for the North Carolina Museums Council Student Memorial Award, please submit the following:
- a cover letter discussing your interest in attending the conference, your career aspirations, and your related professional experiences
- a resume of 2 pages or less
- a letter of reference from a professor or employer sent by the letter-writer directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please e-mail application materials as PDF files to email@example.com with letters addressed to Student Affairs Committee, North Carolina Museums Council.
Students receiving the award will be honored at the awards luncheon at the conference and will receive a one-year student membership in NCMC. The Student Memorial Award honors deceased members of the North Carolina Museums Council.
Applicants will be notified about the status of the award in early March.
Questions regarding this award may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NCMC Student Memorial Award Winners 2016
- Jessica Bierman, Master’s Student in Public History at University North Carolina, Greensboro
- Clair Kempa, Master’s Student in Public History at North Carolina State University
- Brenna McCallum, Bachelor’s Student in Art Management at Appalachian State University
- Carson Sailor, Master’s Student in Public History at Appalachian State University